Crispy Oatmeal Cookies with Pecans and Chocolate. These delicious oatmeal cookies have a crispy edge, a soft center, and a little bit of chew in between. They are loaded with chopped pecans, dark chocolate chunks and milk chocolate chips.
Why You Should Make These Cookies
- they’re delicious.
- these cookies last for days when stored in an airtight container.
- the oatmeal cookie base is ready for your favorite add-ins is nuts, chocolate, dried fruits, etc.
- these cookies go together in minutes, require no chilling.
How To Make These Oatmeal Cookies
This is another fairly straightforward cookie recipe.
Crank the oven to 350 degrees F. and line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
Add the oats, flour, baking soda, baking powder, and fine sea salt to a small mixing bowl. Stir or whisk to combine and set aside.
Cream the butter with the light brown and white sugar in a stand mixer or with a hand mixer.
An egg, a splash of milk and vanilla bean paste are added to the sugar mixture. The mix is beaten on low until the all are fully incorporated.
The oat mixture is added to the sugar mixture and folded in with a large spatula or wooden spoon.
The cookie batter is dropped onto the prepared cookie sheets with an ace cream or cookie scoop, or by small handfuls, about a 1/2 –cup in size.
The cookies bake for a full 15 minutes. This gives them time to spread and get crispy along the edges. They will continue to cook after they are removed from the oven.
Cookies are cooled on the cookie sheets for a few minutes and then removed to cool completely.
These cookies are excellent warm.
Store at room temperature in an airtight container for days.
Other Cookie Recipes You Might Enjoy
Crispy Oatmeal Cookies with Pecans and Chocolate
- 130 grams old-fashioned oats (1-1/2 cups)
- 128 grams all-purpose flour (1 cup)
- 3 grams baking soda (1/2 teaspoon)
- 3 grams baking powder (1/2 teaspoon)
- 3 grams fine sea salt (1/2 teaspoon)
- 154 grams unsalted butter (11 tablespoons), at room temperature
- 100 grams light or dark brown sugar (1/2 cup packed)
- 100 grams granulated sugar (1/2 cup)
- 50 grams egg (1 large)
- 15 grams whole milk (1 tablespoon)
- 5 grams vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract (1 teaspoon)
- 100 grams roughly chopped pecans (1 cup)
- 160 grams dark chocolate chips or chunks (1 cup)
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Add old-fashioned oats, all-purpose flour, baking soda, baking powder, and fine sea salt to small bowl. Whisk to combine. Set aside.
- Add unsalted butter, light brown sugar, and granulated sugar to stand mixer. Beat on medium for 2 minutes, or until light and fluffy.
- Add egg, whole milk, and vanilla bean paste to sugar mixture. Beat on low until fully incorporated.
- Remove bowl from stand mixture. Fold in oats mixture, pecans and chocolate. Do not over mix.
- Scoop and drop cookie dough on prepared cookie sheets using a 2-ounce cookie scoop or 1/2-cup measuring cup. Do not press down cookies.
- Bake 14 to 16 minutes. Cookies should be golden along the edges and set in the center.
- Remove cookie sheet from oven and place on wire racks to cool for several minutes. Remove cookies from cookie sheets to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.