Blueberry Crisp. Mini blueberry crisps feature fresh blueberries combined with fresh lemon and orange juices. Topping prepared from old-fashioned oats, almond flour, sliced almonds, maple syrup, unsalted butter, and fine sea salt. Mini crisps baked until golden brown.
Blueberries are way out of season. I love fruit crisps and decided I would seek out some nice berries, pay the pretty penny for a few pints of them, and put this recipe together. Any leftover berries into some blueberry Belgian waffles.
Fresh blueberries pair really well with lemon and orange, so I added a little of both to brighten the flavor and add a little pop. No additional sweeteners. A bit of cornstarch acts as a thickener.
The berry mix is spread evenly among four to six individual baking dishes or ramekins, or into an oven safe 8-inch square or round baking pan or dish.
Old-fashioned oats, almond flour, sliced almonds, and fine sea salt are tossed with maple syrup and melted butter. The almond oats mix is spooned over the berries.
The crisps are baked until the blueberries burst and the topping is golden and crispy.
These cool little Staub baking dishes are the perfect size for this dessert. Ideal individual portions.
A nice vanilla bean whipped cream pairs beautifully with the crisps.
Find Tartistry on: Pinterest Instagram and Facebook. Please feel free to leave comments and questions below. I would love to hear from you.
- 90 grams old-fashioned oats (1 cup)
- 60 grams almond flour (1/2 cup)
- 35 grams sliced almonds (1/3 cup)
- 85 grams pure maple syrup (1/4 cup)
- 42 grams unsalted butter (3 tablespoons), melted
- 1 gram sea salt (1/4 teaspoon)
- 10 grams fresh lemon juice (2 teaspoons)
- 15 grams fresh orange juice (1 tablespoon)
- 10 grams cornstarch (1-1/2 tablespoons)
- 20 grams honey (1 tablespoon)
- 760 grams fresh blueberries (4 cups), sorted and rinsed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Add old-fashioned oats, almond flour, sliced almonds and fine sea salt to small mixing bowl. Stir in maple syrup and melted butter. Set aside.
- Add fresh lemon juice, fresh orange juice, and cornstarch to small bowl. Stir to combine. Stir in honey. Add blueberries and toss in cornstarch mixture.
- Pour prepared berry mixture into 8 x 8-inch baking dish or equivalent. Use spatula to scrape cornstarch from mixing bowl to baking dish.
- Sprinkle prepared oats mixture over blueberries. Bake in preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes or until filling is bubbling and topping is golden.