Peanut Butter Cookies. These jumbo size cookies are lightly crispy on the edges and soft in the center. The perfect mix of peanut butter, light brown sugar, and vanilla bean paste. This cookie base is ideal for adding your favorite chocolate or baking chips. Perfect with your favorite ice cold beverage.
Why You Should Make These Cookies
- golden edges + soft centers.
- prep and bake in minutes. Cookie dough can be made a day in advance.
- the perfect cookie for adding baking or chocolate chips.
- kids love these cookies.
- these cookies store and freeze well.
How To Make These Peanut Butter Cookies
The oven is preheated to 350 degrees F., and two cookie sheets are lined with parchment paper.
All-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, and sea salt are added to a small mixing bowl, whisked to combine and set aside momentarily.
Unsalted butter and peanut butter are added to a stand mixer and beaten on medium speed for 2 minutes, or until well combined and smooth and creamy. The white and brown sugars are added to the stand mixer and beaten on medium until well incorporated and light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. An egg and a splash of vanilla bean paste are added to the sugar mixture and beaten on low until incorporated, about 30 seconds.
The bowl of the stand mixer is removed and the flour mixture is folded in with a spatula until no streaks of flour remain.
The cookie dough is chilled for an hour or overnight. Using an ice cream scoop, the cookie dough is drop on to two parchment lined cookie sheets. Each sheet should have six cookies evenly spaced.
The cookies are baked in a preheated 350 degrees F. oven for 15 minutes. The cookies should be lightly golden on the edges and set across the center. Cookies are cooled on a wire rack. Leftover cookies can be stored in an airtight container for several days. Cookies can be frozen for up to a month.
Other Cookie Recipes You Might Enjoy
Some of our most popular cookie recipes include: almond chocolate shortbread, chocolate oatmeal cookies, chocolate almond biscotti, crispy oatmeal cookies, cashew butter crinkle cookies, and pecan streusel cookies.
Find Tartistry on: Pinterest Instagram and Facebook. Please feel free to leave comments and questions below. I would love to hear from you.
Peanut Butter Cookies
- 160 grams all-purpose flour (1-1/4 cups)
- 5 grams baking powder (1 teaspoon)
- 1 gram baking soda (1/4 teaspoon)
- 1 gram sea salt (1/4 teaspoon)
- 113 grams unsalted butter (1 stick OR 1/2 cup), softened
- 120 grams peanut butter (1/2 cup)
- 100 grams granulated sugar (1/2 cup)
- 100 grams light brown sugar (1/2 cup)
- 50 grams egg (1 large)
- 7 grams vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract (1-1/2 teaspoons)
- Add all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, and sea salt to small bowl. Whisk to combine and set aside.
- Add unsalted butter and peanut butter to stand mixer. Using the paddle attachment, beat on medium low until smooth and creamy.
- Add granulated sugar and light brown sugar to stand mixer. Beat on medium until well combined, about 2 minutes.
- Add egg and vanilla bean paste. Beat on low just until incorporated.
- Remove bowl from stand mixer. Fold or stir in flour mixture until no streaks of flour remain.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate cookie dough for 60 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Using an ice cream or large cookie scoop, portion 12 cookies from chilled dough onto the two prepared cookie sheets, 6 cookies per sheet, evenly spaced. Press the cookies down slightly.
- Use a fork to make crosshatch lines across the top of each cookie, if desired.
- Bake cookies in preheated oven for 15 minutes, or until cookies are light brown on the edges and slightly soft in the center.
- Remove cookie sheets from oven and cool completely on wire rack.
- Store cookies in an airtight container for up to 5 days.