Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies. Crispy golden brown edges, chewy centers. Amazing straight from the oven room temperature or frozen. The perfect mix of brown sugar, vanilla bean paste and chocolate chips, these cookies are ready to go in the oven in minutes.
Why You Should Make These Cookies
- crispy edges + chewy centers.
- packed with chocolate chips.
How To Make These Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
The all-purpose flour, baking soda, baking powder and sea salt are added to a small bowl, whisked to combine and set aside momentarily.
Two sticks of butter are creamed in a stand mixer with granulated sugar and light brown sugar until light and fluffy.
Vanilla bean paste and eggs are beaten in just until incorporated.
The stand mixer bowl is removed and the flour mixture is folded in until no streaks of flour are present. The chocolate chips are folded in.
The cookie dough is chilled. The chilled dough is scooped and dropped onto prepared cookie sheets.
The cookies are baked in a hot oven until crispy along the edges and just set in the center, about 10 minutes.
These cookies are excellent warm or cooled down. Store in an airtight container for several days at room temperature, or freeze in a ziplock bag for up to a month.
Other Cookie Recipes You Might Enjoy
Some or our most popular cookie recipes include crispy chocolate chip cookies, chocolate shortbread, chocolate chunk cookies, and triple chocolate chip cookies.
Find Tartistry on: Pinterest Instagram and Facebook. Please feel free to leave comments and questions below. I would love to hear from you.
Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 280 grams all-purpose flour (2-1/4 cups)
- 4 grams baking soda (3/4 teaspoon)
- 3 grams baking powder (1/2 teaspoon)
- 5 grams sea salt (1 teaspoon)
- 226 grams unsalted butter (1 cup OR 2 sticks), room temperature
- 100 grams granulated sugar (1/2 cup)
- 200 grams packed light brown sugar (1 cup)
- 10 grams vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract (2 teaspoons)
- 100 grams egg (2 large), room temperature
- 320 grams semi-sweet chocolate chips (2 cups)
- Add all-purpose flour, baking soda, baking powder, and sea salt to small mixing bowl. Whisk to combine. Set aside.
- Add unsalted butter, granulated sugar, and light brown sugar to stand mixer. Beat on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Add vanilla bean paste and beat on low just until incorporated.
- Add eggs, one at a time, and beat on low just until incorporated.
- Remove bowl from stand mixer.
- Add half the flour mixture and fold in with a large spatula just until incorporated. Add remaining flour mixture and fold in just until incorporated. Do not over mix.
- Fold in the semi-sweet chocolate chips.
- Chill dough in refrigerator for 30 to 60 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper or silpat baking mats.
- Using an ice cream scoop, drop cookie dough balls on prepared cookie sheets, 6 per tray. Do not press cookies down
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until edges are golden and cookies are set in the center.
- Remove cookie sheets from oven and cool on wire racks for several minutes. Remove cookies from cookie sheets