These crispy chocolate chip cookies are loaded with chocolate chips. Vanilla bean paste and light brown sugar round out their flavor profile. Perfect for everyday snacking.
Why You Should Make These Cookies
- they’re delicious, light and perfect for snacking.
- perfect blend of chocolate + vanilla.
- maximum number of your favorite chocolate chip per cookie.
- they stack very well and store extremely well.
How To Make These Crispy Chocolate Chip Cookies
The oven is cranked on and 2 cookie sheets are lined with parchment paper.
All-purpose flour, baking soda, and sea salt are added to a small bowl, whisked, and set aside.
Melted butter, sugar, brown sugar and rice syrup are added to a large mixing bowl. The mix is stirred with a wooden spoon until smooth and the butter and sugars are completely combined. This is key.
Egg and vanilla bean paste are added to the sugar mixture and the mix is stirred until the egg and vanilla are completely incorporated.
Flour mixture is added gradually and folded in with a large spatula. We want to avoid over mixing.
The chocolate chips are folded in
Cookie dough is dropped onto prepared cookie sheets using a small cookie scoop. About 6 per sheet.
The cookies are baked in a preheated oven for 12 minutes. The cookie sheets are placed on a wire rack to cool. Cookies are removed carefully from the sheets to cool completely and firm.
Cookies can be stored in an airtight container for up to 3 days at room temperature.
Other Cookie Recipes You Might Enjoy
Some of our most popular cookie recipes include blueberry cookies, almond chocolate shortbread, chocolate chunk cookies, and crispy oatmeal cookies.
Crispy Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 170 grams all-purpose flour (1-1/3 cups)
- 3 grams baking soda (1/2 teaspoon)
- 1 gram fine sea salt (1/4 teaspoon)
- 113 grams unsalted butter (1 stick OR 1/2 cup), melted
- 84 grams granulated sugar (1/3 cup + 2 tablespoons)
- 84 grams light brown sugar (1/3 cup + 2 tablespoons)
- 40 grams rice syrup or light corn syrup (2 tablespoons)
- 50 grams egg (1 large)
- 15 grams whole milk or almond milk (1 tablespoon)
- 10 grams vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract (2 teaspoons)
- 170 grams milk or semisweet chocolate chips (1 cup)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Add all-purpose flour, baking soda, and fine sea salt to a medium mixing bowl. Whisk to combine. Set aside.
- Add melted butter, granulated sugar, light brown sugar, and rice syrup to large mixing bowl. Stir with wooden spoon until smooth and completely combined.
- Add egg and stir until completely incorporated.
- Add vanilla bean paste and stir until completely incorporated.
- Add the flour gradually, about 1/3 at a time. Stir for a few seconds and continue adding. Do not over mix.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Drop cookie batter onto prepared baking sheet using a 2 tablespoon scoop. Do not press down.
- Bake cookies for 12 minutes.
- Remove cookie sheets from oven and place on wire rack to cool. After a few minutes, remove cookies from cookie sheets and cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days at room temperature.
Find Tartistry on: Pinterest Instagram and Facebook. Please feel free to leave comments and questions below. I would love to hear from you.