Blueberry Cookies. The soft breakfast style cookies feature an abundance of fresh blueberries, fresh orange zest for a bit of zing, sour cream for a little tang, and cream cheese so they melt in your mouth. They are soft and delicious.
These fall into the soft cookie category. The very soft category. They have both cream cheese and sour cream in the cookie dough. They are best eaten right out of the oven.
Why You Should Make These Cookies
- these cookies are wonderful right out of the oven.
- the cream cheese and sour make these cookies so soft.
- orange and blueberry pair very well together.
- you can have cookies in the oven in minutes.
- the recipe is easily adaptable to other berries, zest, nuts, etc.
They are delicious and ready to go in the oven in mere minutes. You can swap out the blueberries for the berries of your choice, try lemon or lime zest, or add a handful of sliced almonds or chopped pecans.
It’s a nice base recipe that’s adaptable.
How To Make These Blueberry Cookies
These are super simple. You got this.
Preheat the oven.
Add all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda and fine sea salt to a small bowl, whisk to combine, and set aside momentarily.
Cream cheese and butter are added to a stand mixer or beaten with a hand mixer until smooth and creamy. I do this on medium speed.
Sugar is added to the butter mixture and beaten until fluffy. I do this on medium speed.
An egg, a splash of vanilla, fresh zest from an orange and sour cream are added to the sugar mixture and beaten long enough to incorporate. I do this on low speed.
The flour mixture is added to the cookie mixture and beaten on low speed long enough to incorporate.
Its ok to see a few streaks of flour, because we still have to fold in the blueberries and it will all come together at that point. I like to fold the flour in by hand, as I do on many recipes as I’m pretty adept with a giant spatula and like to accomplish the task with as little mixing as possible. Either way is fine.
Other Cookie Recipes You Might Enjoy
- 256 grams all-purpose flour (2 cups)
- 5 grams baking powder (1 teaspoon)
- 3 grams baking soda (1/2 teaspoon)
- 2 grams fine sea salt (1/4 teaspoon)
- 170 grams unsalted butter (3/4 cup), softened
- 110 grams cream cheese (4 ounces), softened
- 200 grams granulated sugar (1 cup)
- 50 grams egg (1 large)
- 10 grams vanilla bean paste or extract (2 teaspoon)
- 80 grams sour cream (1/3 cup)
- 250 grams blueberries fresh (1-1/2 cups)
- 1 each finely grated zest from 1 medium orange
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Add all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda and fine sea salt to mixing bowl. Whisk to combine. Set aside.
- Add butter and cream cheese to stand mixer. Beat on low 1 minute.
- Add granulated sugar to stand mixer and beat on low 2 minutes.
- Add egg, vanilla bean paste, fresh orange zest, and sour cream to stand mixer. Beat on low until incorporated.
- Remove the bowl from the stand mixer. Add the flour mixture to the stand mixer bowl and fold in with large spatula or stir with large wooden spoon. Avoid over mixing.
- Gently fold in the fresh blueberries.
- Scoop cookie dough using a medium (2 tablespoons) cookie scoop. Drop onto prepared baking sheets. Do not press cookie dough down. Leave about 3 inches between cookies.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes, or until edges are light golden brown.
- Remove baking sheets from oven and place on wire racks. Cool completely.
- Store cookies in airtight container.