Soft, buttery cookies feature white chocolate chips, milk chocolate chips, semisweet chocolate chips, and macadamia nut pieces. Baked until lightly golden, these cookies are firm on the edges and soft in the center.
A combination of sugars combined with butter give our cookie a nice soft texture with a bit of chew. The brown sugar ensures our cookie is nice and moist. This classic cookie recipe is perfect for creating chocolate chip cookie variations. It’s a delicious cookie base that is ready for you to add chocolate chips or chunks, nuts, dried fruits, and so on.
Today I made these cookies with three types of chocolate chips – white, milk, and semisweet. The mix means every bite is a little bit different. The macadamia nut pieces add a nice crunch, and a buttery nut flavor.
How to Make Trip Chocolate Chip Cookies:
Melted butter is combined with sugar and brown sugar. The mixture is stirred until the butter and sugars are completely combined and the mix is smooth. An egg, vanilla bean paste and heavy cream are added to the mix and the mix is stirred again until smooth and shiny.
In a separate bowl, all-purpose flour, sea salt, baking powder and baking soda are added to a small bowl and whisked to combine.
The flour mixture is added to the sugar mixture and stirred together just to the point of the flour disappearing and the mixture being well combined.
The trio of chips and macadamia pieces are added to the cookie batter and folded in using a spatula until evenly distributed through the batter.
The cookie batter is scooped into individual portions and placed on parchment lined cookie sheets. The cookies are baked in a preheated oven until firm along the edges, and a bit soft in the center.
Remove the cookie sheets from the oven and cool on a wire rack.
Store in an airtight container.
Other Cookie Recipes You Might Enjoy
Some of our most popular cookie recipes include brownie cookies, cashew crinkle cookies, almond chocolate chunk shortbread cookies and dark chocolate chunk cookies.
Find Tartistry on: Pinterest Instagram and Facebook. Please feel free to leave comments and questions below. I would love to hear from you.
Triple Chocolate Chip Cookies with Macadamia Nuts
- 226 grams unsalted butter (1/2 pound), melted and cooled slightly
- 150 grams packed light brown sugar (3/4 cup)
- 100 grams granulated sugar (1/2 cup)
- 50 grams egg (1 large), lightly beaten
- 10 grams vanilla bean paste (2 teaspoons)
- 30 grams heavy cream (2 tablespoons)
- 256 grams all-purpose flour (2 cups)
- 3 grams fine sea salt (1/2 teaspoon)
- 3 grams baking powder (1/2 teaspoon)
- 1 gram baking soda (1/4 teaspoon)
- 112 grams white chocolate chips (4 ounces)
- 112 grams milk chocolate chips (4 ounces)
- 112 grams semisweet chocolate chips (4 ounces)
- 112 grams macadamia nut pieces (4 ounces)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Add melted butter, light brown sugar, and granulated sugar to large mixing bowl. Stir until smooth and completely combined. Add lightly beaten egg, vanilla bean paste, and heavy cream. Stir until mix is smooth and glossy.
- Add all-purpose flour, fine sea salt, baking powder, and baking soda to small mixing bowl. Whisk to combine.
- Add the flour mixture to the sugar mixture. Stir until just combined.
- Add white chocolate chips, milk chocolate chips, semisweet chocolate chips, and macadamia nuts to cookie batter. Fold in with spatula until evenly dispersed.
- Use a large cookie scoop to portion cookie batter. Place on parchment lined cookie sheets 3-inches apart, 6 per cookie sheet. Do not press cookies down.
- Bake cookies in preheated oven until cookies are set on the outside, slightly soft in the middle, and edges are lightly golden brown in color, from 9 to 11 minutes.
- Remove cookie sheets from oven and place on wire racks to cool.