Candy Bar Tart. Praline crust topped with melted semisweet chocolate, sweetened coconut, marshmallows, mixed nuts and sweetened condensed milk. Tart is baked until top is golden. Drizzled with melted chocolate before serving.
Why You Should Make This Tart
- chewy and delicious praline crust.
- crust can be prepared in advance.
- coconut + marshmallow + nuts + chocolate.
- tart filling comes together in minutes.
- tart stores extremely well.
How To Make This Candy Bar Tart
This tart starts with a modified graham cracker crust. Graham crackers are laid out in a single layer on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Pecans are arranged over the crackers. A mixture of brown sugar, butter and fine sea salt is heated on the stovetop until boiling. The mixture is poured over the crackers and pecans. The crackers are baked at 325 degrees F. for 10 minutes.
Once cooled the hard toffee like pieces are broken up and processed into fine crumbs. The crumbs are pressed into a 9-inch removable tart pan and the crust is baked in a hot oven until firm.
Semisweet chocolate is melted in a saucepan or microwavable bowl and transfer to the warm crust. An offset spatula or the back of a spoon is used to spread the melted chocolate evenly along the bottom of the crust.
Coconut, marshmallows, and a mix of walnuts, pecans, and almonds are sprinkled over the chocolate. Sweetened condensed milk is poured over the coconut, marshmallows and nuts. More coconut and marshmallows are sprinkled over the top.
The tart is baked in a 325 degrees F. oven for 30 minutes, or until the top begins to brown. Melted chocolate is drizzled over the cooled tart.
Served chilled or at room temperature.
Other Tart Recipes You Might Enjoy
Some of our most popular tart recipes include orange tart, pear apple raspberry walnut tart with almond crust, ginger lime tart with macadamia nut crust, apple cider tart, and pumpkin maple rum tart.
Candy Bar Tart
- One (9-inch) removable bottom tart pan
- 150 grams graham crackers (9 crackers)
- 45 grams whole or chopped pecans (3/8 cup OR 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons)
- 60 grams unsalted butter (1/2 stick OR 1/4 cup)
- 1 pinch fine sea salt
- 60 grams light or dark brown sugar (1/2 cup)
- 28 grams unsalted butter (2 tablespoons), melted
Candy Bar Tart:
- 170 grams semisweet chocolate chips (1 cup)
- 125 grams sweetened flaked coconut (1 cup)
- 45 grams miniature marshmallows (3/4 cup), roughly chopped
- 180 grams mixed chopped nuts (almonds, pecans, walnuts, etc.) (1-1/2 cups)
- 10 ounces sweetened condensed milk (3/4 cup)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line a large sided baking tray with parchment paper.
- Arrange graham crackers in the center of the tray on the parchment. Sprinkle the pecans over the crackers. Set aside.
- Add the unsalted butter, fine sea salt and brown sugar to a small saucepan. Melt the butter and sugar over medium heat. Whisk smooth. Bring the mixture to a boil and continue stirring for about 2 minutes.
- Pour the hot sugar mixture over the crackers and pecans. Use a spatula to spread the mixture evenly over the crackers.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Cool completely at room temperature. Break up the crackers and add to food processor bowl. Pulse until crumbs. Add melted butter to food processor. Pulse until well combined.
- Press the crumbs into the bottom and sides of a 9-inch removable bottom tart pan. Use a flat bottomed glass or small offset spatula to create an even crust.
- Bake tart crust in preheated oven for 8 minutes to firm.
Candy Bar Tart:
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Add semisweet chocolate chips to small microwavable bowl. Heat until melted and smooth, stirring occasionally. Pour chocolate into cooled tart crust bottom and spread evenly with offset spatula.
- Sprinkle half the sweetened flaked coconut over the chocolate. Sprinkle half the miniature marshmallows over the coconut. Sprinkle the roughly chopped mixed nuts over the marshmallows.
- Pour the sweetened condensed milk evenly over the mixed nuts.
- Sprinkle the remaining marshmallows and sweetened coconut over the mixed nuts.
- Bake tart in preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes, or until the top is beginning to turn golden.
- Remove tart from oven and cool completely on a wire rack.
- Best served at room temperature. Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator.