No churn salted caramel ice cream is quick to prepare and can be ready to eat in a few hours.
Sweetened condensed milk, homemade or store bought, is combined with whipped cream that has beaten to stiff peaks. The mixture is poured into a freezer proof container and frozen until ready to serve.
The beauty of this recipe, aside from having very few ingredients and taking about 10 minutes to make, is you can make the ice cream of your choice by adding your favorite flavorings.
Our vanilla based no churn ice cream is enhanced with caramel sauce in the ice cream as well as a nice swirl effect as a garnish. The ice cream has chocolate covered cashew in almost every bite.
I like to freeze this ice cream overnight to make sure the chocolate and cashews are rock hard.
Find Tartistry on: Pinterest Instagram and Facebook. Please feel free to leave comments and questions below. I would love to hear from you.
No Churn Salted Caramel Ice Cream with Chocolate Covered Cashews
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- ¼ cup salted caramel sauce plus extra, divided
- ½ teaspoon vanilla paste
- 1 cup heavy cream, cold
- 1 cup chocolate covered cashews
- Add sweetened condensed milk to large mixing bowl. Stir in 1/4 cup salted caramel sauce and vanilla paste. Set aside.
- Add heavy cream to stand mixer. Using whisk attachment, beat on medium high to stiff peaks. This will take several minutes.
- Take 1 cup whipped cream and add to the sweetened condensed milk mixture. Stir with spatula until smooth. Gently fold in remaining whipped cream until fully incorporated.
- Fold in 3/4 cup chocolate covered cashews.
- Pour ice cream into loaf pan or other freezer proof container. Smooth top with spatula.
- Swirl additional caramel over top of ice cream. Garnish with remaining chocolate covered cashews.
- Cover with foil or plastic wrap and freeze at least 4 hours, preferably overnight. Keeps well up to one month in the freezer.