Pear Raspberry Walnut Sweet Rolls. Sweet rolls feature tender pear slices, fresh raspberries, toasted walnuts, and brown sugar cinnamon. No long proofing, these rolls are in the oven in less than an hour. Baked golden and topped with a vanilla bean glaze.
Why You Should Make These Sweet Rolls
- nothing like cinnamon rolls fresh from the oven.
- pear + raspberry + walnut combo is amazing.
- no long proofing time.
- perfect for brunch or snacking.
- rolls store well in airtight container.
How To Make These Sweet Rolls
Milk is warmed in a saucepan until it begins to simmer. The milk is removed from the heat. Unsalted butter is added to the milk. The saucepan is set aside.
Some (2-1/4 cups), but not all of the flour, instant yeast, granulated sugar and fine sea salt to stand mixer bowl. An egg and the yeast mixture are added to the stand mixer.
Dough is kneaded using dough hook on low speed for 2 minutes. Remaining flour is added 1/2 cup at a time, and beaten on low until incorporated. Speed is increased to medium and dough is kneaded for 5 minutes.
Dough is removed from the stand mixer bowl and placed on a lightly floured surface. The dough is covered with a clean, damp towel and allowed to proof for 10 minutes, and up to 30 minutes.
Dough is rolled out to a 12 x 9-inch rectangle. The top surface of the dough is brushed with softened butter. The
As the dough comes together, add the remaining flour 1/2 cup at a time.
Knead with dough hook on medium for 5 minutes.
Remove dough from stand mixer bowl and place on lightly floured flat surface. Cover the dough with a clean, slightly damp cloth for 10 to 30 minutes. Roll the dough into a 12 x 9-inch rectangle.
Brush the top surface of the dough with the softened butter. Brown sugar, granulated sugar, all-purpose flour, ground cinnamon, and ground ginger are combined in a small bowl, stirred to combine and sprinkled evenly over the butter.
Strips of fresh pear are tossed with honey and arranged over the surface of the dough. Fresh raspberry halves and chopped toasted walnuts are sprinkled evenly over the pears.
Dough is rolled into a spiral, starting with one of the short sides facing you. Dough is cut into 9 equal size rolls and arranged in a 9 x 9-inch square baking pan. Rolls are set aside to proof for 30 to 60 minutes.
Other Brunch Recipes You Might Enjoy
Pear Raspberry Walnut Sweet Rolls
- 240 grams whole milk (3/4 cup)
- 56 grams unsalted butter (1/4 cup)
- 415 grams all-purpose flour (3-1/4 cups), divided
- 7 grams instant yeast (2 1/4 teaspoons OR .25 ounce)
- 50 grams granulated sugar (1/2 cup)
- 3 grams fine sea salt (1/2 teaspoon)
- 50 grams egg (1 large)
- 42 grams unsalted butter (3 tablespoons), softened
- 50 grams brown sugar (1/4 cup)
- 25 grams granulated sugar (2 tablespoons)
- 10 grams all-purpose flour (1 tablespoons)
- 7 grams ground cinnamon (1 tablespoon)
- 1 grams ground ginger (1/4 teaspoon)
- 5 grams honey (1/2 teaspoon)
- 1 each ripe pear, peeled, cored, sliced into thin strips
- 15 to 20 each fresh raspberries, halved
- 40 grams chopped toasted walnuts (1/3 cup)
- 187 grams powdered sugar (1-1/2 cups)
- 80 grams heavy cream (1/3 cup), plus more as needed
- 4 grams vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract (1 teaspoon)
- Warm the milk in a small saucepan until it begins to bubble along the sides of the pan. Remove from the heat and add the butter to the saucepan. Set aside to cool.
- Add 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour, instant yeast, granulated sugar and fine sea salt to stand mixer bowl. Add egg and warm milk mixture to stand mixer bowl. Using dough hook, beat 2 minutes on low speed.
- As the dough comes together, add the remaining flour 1/2 cup at a time. Knead with dough hook on medium for 5 minutes.
- Remove dough from stand mixer bowl and place on lightly floured flat surface. Cover the dough with a clean, slightly damp cloth for 10 to 30 minutes. Roll the dough into a 12 x 9-inch rectangle.
- Brush the top surface of the dough with the softened butter.
- Add the brown sugar, granulated sugar, all-purpose flour, ground cinnamon, and ground ginger to a small bowl. Whisk to combine and sprinkle evenly over the brushed butter.
- Drizzle the pear slices with honey. Arrange the pear strips and raspberry halves evenly over the brown sugar mixture. Sprinkle the walnuts over the pears and raspberries.
- Roll the dough into a cylinder, starting with the short side facing you. Cut the dough into 9 equal size rolls. Arrange the rolls into a 9 x 9-inch baking pan.
- Cover the rolls with a clean, slightly damp towel and allow the rolls to proof, from 30 to 60 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Bake for 20 minutes, or until golden brown and set. Remove from oven and cool on baking rack.
- Add powdered sugar to small bowl. Stir in heavy cream. Stir in vanilla bean paste. Add additional heavy cream one teaspoon at a time to achieve desired consistency.
- Drizzle glaze over rolls. Serve warm.