Peanut Butter Cookies with Peanut Butter Chips. One of America’s favorite desserts, peanut butter cookies loaded with peanut butter chips feature crispy golden edges, and soft, delicious centers. These classic baked goods are best served warm with a frosty cold glass of milk.
Why You Should Make These Cookies
- one of the most popular cookies on the planet.
- kids love peanut butter cookies.
- recipe adaptable to other nut butters.
- the peanut butter chips add more classic peanut butter taste.
- cookie dough base is perfect for your favorite add-ins.
- cookies store well and can be frozen.
How To Make These Peanut Butter Cookies
All-purpose flour, baking soda, and fine sea salt are combined in a medium mixing bowl, whisked to combine, and set aside.
A stick of unsalted butter and 3/4 cup of creamy or crunchy peanut butter are creamed with a stand mixer or hand mixer. Light brown sugar and granulated sugar are added to the peanut butter mixture and beaten until the mix is smooth and creamy. An egg and vanilla bean paste are added and beaten long enough to incorporate.
The stand mixer bowl is removed from the stand mixer and the flour mixture is folded in. As the last of the flour streaks are beginning to disappear, the peanut butter chips are folded in. Over mixing is avoided.
The cookie dough is refrigerated for 60 minutes, or covered in plastic and chilled up to 3 days.
Two cookie sheets are lined with parchment paper and the oven is set to 350 degrees F. Cold cookie dough is scooped using an ice cream. The cookie dough balls are placed on the parchment a few inches apart, about 6 per cookie sheet.
The cookies are pressed down using the back of a large fork, and baked for 10 to 12 minutes in a hot oven.
Cookies cooled to room temperature.
Other Cookie Recipes You Might Enjoy
Peanut Butter Cookies with Peanut Butter Chips
- 160 grams all-purpose flour (1-1/4 cups)
- 3 grams baking soda (1/2 teaspoon)
- 3 grams fine sea salt (1/2 teaspoon)
- 113 grams unsalted butter (1 stick OR 1/2 cup), room temperature
- 190 grams creamy or crunchy peanut butter (3/4 cup)
- 75 grams light brown sugar (1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons)
- 75 grams granulated sugar (1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons)
- 50 grams egg (1 large), room temperature
- 5 grams vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract (1 teaspoon)
- 120 grams peanut butter baking chips (3/4 cup)
- Add all-purpose flour, baking soda, and fine sea salt to medium mixing bowl. Whisk to combine. Set aside.
- Add unsalted butter and peanut butter to stand mixer. Beat 1 minute on medium speed.
- Add light brown sugar and granulated sugar to stand mixer. Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes. Scrape down sides of bowl, if necessary.
- Add egg and vanilla bean paste to stand mixer. Beat 30 seconds on low to incorporate.
- Remove bowl from stand mixer. Add flour mixture to stand mixer bowl. Fold in with large spatula. Avoid over mixing.
- Add peanut butter baking chips to cookie dough. Fold in using large spatula.
- Cover bowl with plastic and chill 1 hour, or up to 3 days.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Scoop dough using cookie or ice cream scoop (about 3 tablespoons per cookie). Drop cookie dough onto prepared cookie sheets (6 cookies per sheet).
- Press cookies down slightly with the back of a fork.
- Bake cookies in preheated oven for 10 to 12 minutes, or until cookies are golden along the edges, and set in the center.
- Remove cookie sheets from oven and cool on wire racks.
- Store leftover cookies for several days in an airtight container at room temperature. Freeze baked cookies for up to 1 month in a freezer proof zip-lock bag.