Lemon Raspberry Bread. Delicious quick bread pairs fresh lemon zest and fresh raspberries with sour cream. The result is a tender, flavorful bread that is perfect as a breakfast or brunch treat.
Why You Should Make This Quick Bread
- it’s easy to prepare. In the oven in minutes.
- fresh lemon + fresh raspberry is a delicious pairing.
- thin slices fit into the toaster.
- this bread is perfect for breakfast, snack, or dessert.
How To Make This Lemon Raspberry Bread
The oven is preheated to 350 degrees F.
A 9 x 5-inch bread loaf pan is buttered. Optionally, the pan can be lined with parchment paper on the bottom and two sides to facilitate easy removal of the bread from the pan.
Unsalted butter is added to a stand mixer and beaten on medium speed for a few minutes. Granulated sugar and fresh lemon zest are added to the butter and the mix is beaten for a few minutes on medium speed.
Sour cream and vanilla bean paste are added to the creamed butter and sugar. The mix is beaten on medium long enough to incorporate.
Eggs are added one at a time and beaten briefly after each addition. The bowl is removed from the stand mixer.
All-purpose flour, baking powder and kosher salt are added to a small mixing bowl and whisked to combine. The flour mix is added to the stand mixer bowl, and folded in with a large spatula.
Fresh raspberries are gently folded in.
Half the batter is spooned into the prepared bread loaf pan. The batter is smoothed with a small offset spatula.
The batter is topped with dollops of raspberry jam. The jam is swirled into the batter with a sharp knife.
The remaining batter is dolloped over the jam and spread evenly with the offset spatula.
The bread is baked for about an hour in a preheated oven. The bread is done when the top is firm to the touch and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. The top will be golden brown and the edges a little more so.
The bread is cooled on a wire rack in the pan. Individual slices are served at room temperature, slightly warmed, or toasted.
Other Muffin and Quick Bread Recipes You Might Enjoy
Some of our most popular muffin and quick bread recipes include banana bread, apple bread, banana pecan muffins, roasted strawberry muffins, and lemon ricotta blueberry muffins.
Find Tartistry on: Pinterest Instagram and Facebook. Please feel free to leave comments and questions below. I would love to hear from you.
Lemon Raspberry Bread
- 113 grams unsalted butter (1/2 cup OR 1 stick), room temperature
- 100 grams granulated sugar (1/2 cup)
- 6 grams fresh lemon zest (1 tablespoon)
- 120 grams sour cream (1/2 cup), room temperature
- 10 grams vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract (2 teaspoons)
- 150 grams egg (3 large), room temperature
- 192 grams all-purpose flour (1-1/2 cups)
- 8 grams baking powder (1-1/2 teaspoons)
- 3 grams kosher salt (1/2 teaspoon)
- 250 grams fresh raspberries (1-1/2 cups)
- 40 grams raspberry jam (2 tablespoons)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9 x 5-inch bread loaf pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Add unsalted butter to stand mixer. Beat on medium speed 3 minutes.
- Add granulated sugar and fresh lemon zest to stand mixer. Beat on medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Add sour cream and vanilla bean paste. Beat on medium until fully incorporated.
- Add eggs one at a time. Beat on low long enough to fully incorporate, after each addition. Remove bowl from stand mixer. Scrape down the stand mixer bowl with a spatula if necessary.
- Add all-purpose flour, baking powder and kosher salt to a small mixing bowl and whisk to combine.
- Add flour mixture to stand mixer and fold in with large spatula. Do not over mix.
- Add fresh raspberries to bread batter and gently fold in with large spatula.
- Transfer half the batter to the prepared pan. Spread evenly with a small offset spatula.
- Dollop with raspberry jam. Swirl jam into batter with sharp knife.
- Dollop remaining batter over raspberry jam. Spread evenly with offset spatula.
- Bake for 60 minutes in preheated oven, or until the center is firm to the touch and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove pan from oven and cool completely. Invert pan and remove bread. Cut into individual slices to serve. Serve bread slices at room temperature.
- Cover and store at room temperature for 1 day, or in the refrigerator for several days.