Raspberry Almond Financiers. These mini cakes are tender and delicious. The lemony almond cake pairs beautifully with the fresh raspberries. Served with a dusting of powdered sugar.
Why You Should Make These Mini Cakes
- they’re delicious.
- highly portable.
- perfect for individual dessert offerings.
- prepared and baked in minutes.
- the base recipe allows for some sweet culinary creativity.
- these mini cakes store quite nicely.
How To Make These Raspberry Almond Financiers
Four mini loaf pans are lightly buttered and the oven is preheated to 400 degrees F.
A stick of butter is melted in a small saucepan over low heat. The pan is removed from the stovetop and the melted butter cooled to room temperature. Set aside.
Egg whites are added to a stand mixer and beaten until frothy, about 2 minutes. Leave alone momentarily. Alternately, this can be accomplished with a hand mixer, or if you’re ambitious, with a whisk.
Granulated sugar and fresh lemon zest are added to a small bowl and whisked to combine. All-purpose flour, almond flour and a pinch of sea salt are added to the lemon sugar and whisked to combine.
The flour mixture is added to the stand mixer and gently folded into the egg whites.
The melted butter is added to the cake batter and folded in until the mixture is smooth and well combined.
The cake batter is divided among the prepared baking pans. Two or three fresh raspberries are placed on the top of the cake batter. The mini almond cakes are baked in a hot oven until golden along the edges and set on top.
The cakes are cooled for a few minutes in the pan and then inverted and cooled completely on a wire rack.
I like to dust them with powdered sugar to serve. I eat these out of hand. Everyone loves the flavor and texture.
Other Brunch Ideas You Might Enjoy
Raspberry Almond Financiers
- 4 mini loaf pans OR 6 mini tart pans OR 1 (12-cup) regular size muffin pan.
- 113 grams unsalted butter (1 stick OR 1/2 cup)
- 120 grams egg whites (4 large)
- 150 grams granulated sugar (3/4 cup)
- 12 grams fresh lemon zest (2 tablespoons)
- 50 grams all-purpose flour (1/3 cup)
- 50 grams almond flour or finely ground almonds (1/2 cup)
- 1 gram sea salt (1/4 teaspoon)
- 12 each fresh raspberries
- 7 grams powdered sugar (1 tablespoon), for dusting
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Butter 4 mini loaf pans OR 6 mini tart pans OR 1 (12-cup) regular size muffin pan.
- Melt unsalted butter. Set aside to cool.
- Add egg whites to stand mixer. Beat on high until frothy, about 2 minutes. Remove bowl from stand mixer.
- Add granulated sugar and fresh lemon zest to small bowl. Whisk to combine. Add all-purpose flour, almond flour, and sea salt to sugar mixture. Whisk to combine.
- Add sugar mixture to egg whites. Fold in using a large spatula until dry ingredients are incorporated.
- Add the cooled melted butter to the cake batter. Fold in using a large spatula until smooth and well combined.
- Divide the batter evenly between the prepared pans. Place a fresh raspberry or two or three on the top of each cake.
- Bake in hot oven for 10 to 12 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown and the cakes are set in the center.
- Cool the pans on wire racks for several minutes and then remove the cakes from the pans to cool completely.
- Dust with powdered sugar to serve.