No-Bake Maple Oatmeal Pecan Cookies. Toasted oats, toasted pecans tossed in a salted butter, brown sugar, maple syrup, vanilla paste, and fine sea salt mixture. Cookies are dropped onto wax paper, adorned with more toasted oats and pecans and chilled. This cookie is best served cold. Can be chilled in the fridge in an airtight container for days, in the freezer for months.
Our quick and easy no-bake cookie starts with regular rolled (old-fashioned) oats. Available at most supermarkets. The oats are toasted to change the texture from raw to crunchy, bring out a little of the natural wheat flavor, and change the color to a nice light brown. Pecan halves are toasted for the same reasons, with the pecans turning from gold to a deep red. Some of the toasted oats are processed, some are reserved to top the cookies. Same with the pecans.
Butter and brown sugar. A match made in heaven. The two are brought to a boil with pure maple syrup, and simmered for a few minutes to thicken and meld the flavors. Makes the house smell amazing. Off the heat, vanilla bean paste and fine sea salt are stirred in.
The processed or finely ground oats and all but two tablespoons of the toasted pecans are tossed into the sugar mixture. The mixture is allowed to cool for a while.
Cookies are dropped by the spoonful onto wax paper, adorned with the reserved toasted oats and chopped pecans, and chilled until ready to serve. It’s a small batch of cookies. They can be put together in a few minutes, and ready to eat in a little less than an hour total.
No-Bake Maple Oatmeal Pecan Cookies
- 80 grams rolled or old-fashioned oats (1 cup)
- 110 grams pecan halves (1 cup)
- 113 grams salted butter (1/2 cup)
- 160 grams pure maple syrup (1/2 cup)
- 50 grams packed light brown sugar (1/4 cup)
- 3 grams vanilla bean paste (1/2 teaspoon)
- 1 grams kosher salt (1/8 teaspoon)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a small baking sheet or plate with wax paper.
- Arrange rolled oats on baking sheet in single layer. Toast in preheated oven for 5 to 7 minutes, or until golden brown. Process about 2/3 of the toasted oats in the food processor until finely ground. Reserve the remaining toasted oats.
- Arrange pecan halves on baking sheet in single layer. Toast in preheated oven for 5 to 7 minutes, or until golden brown. Roughly chop the toasted pecans. Reserve 2 tablespoons.
- Add butter, pure maple syrup, and brown sugar to a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Boil, stirring occasionally for about 3 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the vanilla bean paste and kosher salt. Cool the mixture for about 10 minutes.
- Add finely ground toasted oats, and toasted pecans to the slightly cooled butter mixture.
- Using a tablespoon drop spoonfuls of the cookie batter onto wax paper. Sprinkle reserve toasted oats and chopped pecans onto cookie tops.
- Chill at least 30 minutes.