Glazed pound cake with strawberries and pistachios. Moist, tender pound cake with a hint of vanilla. Baked until golden, cooled, and frosted with vanilla glaze. Glaze topped with strawberry slices and pistachio pieces. Perfect for snacking or dessert.
This is a quick recipe. We start by preheating the oven. A deep 9 x 5-inch loaf pan is buttered and floured.
All-purpose flour and salt are added to a small mixing bowl, whisked to combine, and set aside.
Butter is added to the stand mixer and creamed for several minutes. Sugar is gradually added to the creamed butter and beaten for several additional minutes. Eggs are added one at a time, followed by vanilla bean paste or extract. The mix is beaten to incorporate for about 15 seconds after each addition.
Half the dry ingredients are added to the sugar mixture and beaten just long enough to incorporate, followed by the milk and the remaining flour. Care taken not to over mix.
The batter is transferred into the prepared loaf pan and baked until golden, about an hour, maybe a little more. The cake is cooled briefly and removed from the pan.
Today, I iced the top of the cake with a vanilla glaze and topped the glaze with strawberry slices and pistachio pieces. I made a strawberry compote by bringing strawberry pieces, a little orange juice and sugar to a boil and then simmered for a few minutes to soften.
Pound Cake Tips
- Read through the recipe to make sure you have ample time to complete each step.
- For best results when baking, always ensure your oven has been preheated.
- Room temperature or softened butter should not be too soft. If it gets too soft, place it back in the refrigerator for a while to harden. You should be able to poke a finger into a stick of butter with a little bit of resistance.
- Give the butter a good beating. Crank the mixer up to medium and let it rip for a couple minutes. It aerates the butter. Add the sugar and do it again.
- After creaming the butter and sugar, only mix in the eggs and vanilla bean paste to the point of incorporation. Like 10 to 15 seconds for each addition. Remove the bowl from your stand mixer and use a large spatula to incorporate the flour mixture and milk. Scrape down the sides and across the bottom of the bowl, and fold in. We want to avoid over mixing this cake batter.
- As is the case with most baking, measuring your ingredients is the best course of action. Most of the recipes on this website are listed in the order they will be used. Its best to gather all your ingredients, measure them, place them in bowls or little piles before you begin.
You might also enjoy our lemon pound cake.
Find Tartistry on: Pinterest Instagram and Facebook. Please feel free to leave comments and questions below. I would love to hear from you.
Glazed Pound Cake with Strawberries and Pistachios
- 225 grams all-purpose flour (1-3/4 cups)
- 3 grams fine sea salt (1/2 teaspoon)
- 225 grams unsalted butter (1 cup OR 2 sticks), room temperature
- 300 grams sugar (1-1/2 cups)
- 150 grams egg (3 large)
- 5 grams vanilla bean paste (1 teaspoon)
- 60 grams whole milk (1/4 cup)
- 125 grams powdered sugar (1 cup)
- 5 grams pure vanilla extract (1 teaspoon)
- 15 to 30 grams whole milk (1 to 2 tablespoons)
- 1 cup strawberry slices (about 10 large strawberries)
- 35 grams roughly chopped pistachio pieces (1/4 cup)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Butter and flour a deep 9 × 5-inch bread loaf pan.
- Add all-purpose flour and fine sea salt to small mixing bowl. Whisk to combine. Set aside.
- Add butter to stand mixer. Beat on medium for 3 minutes.
- Add sugar 1/2 cup at a time. Beat on medium 1 minute after each addition.
- Add eggs 1 at a time. Beat on low until incorporated.
- Add vanilla bean paste. Beat on low until incorporated.
- Add 1/2 flour mixture. Beat on low just long enough to incorporate. Add milk. Beat on low just long enough to incorporate. Add remaining flour. Beat on low just long enough to incorporate. Do not over mix.
- Transfer cake batter to prepared pan. Bake 75 minutes in preheated oven. Cool cake for 15 to 20 minutes before removing from loaf pan.
- Sift powdered sugar into small mixing bowl. Add vanilla extract. Stir to combine. Add 1 tablespoon milk. Stir to combine. Add additional milk a teaspoon at a time to desired consistency.
- Spread glaze over top of pound cake with small spatula. Allow glaze to set until firm, at least an hour.
- Top glaze with strawberry slices and pistachio pieces.