Cinnamon Roll Blondies. Rich, delicious, slightly chewy blondies feature the perfect blend of vanilla bean paste and light brown sugar. These blondies get a sweet twist of cinnamon roll flavor from a swirl of brown sugar and cinnamon running throughout the bar. Topped with a sweet vanilla bean glaze, they are an ideal treat to make for dessert, brunch or just snacking.
Why You Should Make These Dessert Bars
- They have the rich vanilla bean flavor of blondies plus the classic taste of cinnamon rolls.
- They delicious cookie bars are easy to make, and can be in the oven in minutes.
- Can be made with your mixer or with a large wooden spoon.
- They are excellent when still warm, right from the oven or cooled down and glazed.
- They store extremely well.
How to Make Cinnamon Roll Blondies
Blondies are a delicious dessert bar that has a nice chewy texture and features brown sugar and vanilla. They are the counterpart to brownies.
This blondie recipe adds a nice brown sugar cinnamon filling that is swirled into the batter and a sweet vanilla glaze that adds a nice visual appeal and melds perfectly with the cinnamon roll flavors.
The oven is preheated to 350 degrees F. A small square baking pan is lined with parchment paper. We leave enough parchment paper on two opposite ends to act as handles for removing the dessert bars after baking.
The purpose flour, baking powder, ground cinnamon, and fine sea salt are added to one bowl, and whisked to combine.
Melted butter, granulated sugar, light brown sugar, egg, and vanilla bean paste are added to a stand mixer and beaten on low until smooth. The task can be accomplished with a hand mixer, a wooden spoon or a whisk. You just need to make sure it is well mixed.
The flour mixture is folded into the butter and sugar mixture just to the point of incorporation. The batter is poured into the prepared baking pan. It will seem thin. It’s not. You can even out the surface by tilting the pan or by using an offset spatula.
Brown sugar, ground cinnamon and melted butter are combined and stirred until smooth. The filling is spooned or drizzled over the Blondie batter. A knife is used to swirl the filling into the batter.
The blondies are baked in a hot oven until golden and set in the middle. I start checking around the 20-minute mark. A toothpick should come out clean and the top of the dessert bars should be golden.
Out of the oven and cooled the blondies are ready for icing. Powdered sugar, vanilla bean paste and milk are combined and stirred together. The glaze is drizzled over the top of the bars and allowed to set.
Some of Our Other Dessert Bars
Some of our most popular dessert bars include: blueberry crumble bars, blondies with dark chocolate and macadamia nuts, no-bake chocolate peanut butter oatmeal bars, and fresh cherry brownies with sliced almonds.
Find Tartistry on: Pinterest Instagram and Facebook. Please feel free to leave comments and questions below. I would love to hear from you.
Cinnamon Roll Blondies
- 160 grams all-purpose flour (1-1/4 cups)
- 4 grams baking powder (3/4 teaspoon)
- 1 grams ground cinnamon (1/4 teaspoon)
- 2 grams fine sea salt (1/2 teaspoon)
- 140 grams unsalted butter (1-1/4 sticks OR 10 tablespoons), melted
- 150 grams granulated sugar (3/4 cup)
- 100 grams light brown sugar (1/2 cup)
- 100 grams egg (2 large)
- 10 grams vanilla bean paste or extract (2 teaspoons)
- 40 grams light brown sugar (3 tablespoons)
- 12 grams ground cinnamon (1-1/2 tablespoons)
- 25 grams unsalted butter (2 tablespoons), melted
- 90 grams powdered sugar (3/4 cup)
- 23 grams milk (1-1/2 tablespoons)
- 5 grams vanilla bean paste or extract (1 teaspoon)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line the bottom and two opposite sides of an 8-inch square pan with parchment paper, leaving enough parchment on the two opposite ends to create handles for lifting the dessert bars out of the pan. Set aside.
- Add all-purpose flour, baking powder, ground cinnamon, and fine sea salt to small mixing bowl. Whisk to combine.
- Add melted butter, granulated sugar, light brown sugar, egg, and vanilla bean paste to stand mixer. Beat on low until smooth.
- Remove the mixing bowl from the stand mixer and fold the flour mixture into the batter. Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan. Smooth with offset spatula, if necessary.
- Add light brown sugar, ground cinnamon, and melted butter to small bowl. Stir to combine. Drizzle the filling over the top of the blondie batter. Swirl the filling into the batter using a knife.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Avoid over baking.
- Remove pan from oven and cool completely on wire rack. Use parchment handles to remove dessert bars from baking pan. Cut around edges with a paring knife if necessary to loosen.
- Add powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla bean paste to small bowl. Stir to combine. Drizzle over dessert bars before serving.