Strawberry Cheesecake. Creamy, luscious, rich strawberry cheesecake over a delicious, crispy almond graham cracker crust. Baked until set, chilled until firm. Cheesecake topped with strawberry glaze. Served chilled with strawberry whipped cream.
Almonds pair nicely with strawberries, so I modified a straightforward graham cracker crust recipe to suit my needs. Makes for a little firmer, more flavorful crust.
This is a true strawberry cheesecake, as there is a cup of fresh strawberry puree in the cheesecake filling. The glaze has another cup and a quarter strawberry puree, and the whipped cream is enhanced with a quarter cup of fresh diced strawberries.
Why You Should Make This Cheesecake
- visually stunning.
- delicious almond graham cracker crust can be prepared in advance.
- strawberry + filling + strawberry glaze + strawberry whipped cream.
- perfect for casual for elegant dining.
- stores very well.
How To Make Strawberry Cheesecake
The oven is preheated to 350 degrees F. and a 9-inch springform pan is lined with parchment paper. Just the inside bottom needs parchment for easy liftoff from the springform pan.
Graham cracker crumbs, ground almonds, granulated sugar, and melted unsalted butter are added to a small mixing bowl. The mixture is stirred with a spoon, whisk, or your fingers until well combined.
Crumb mixture is dumped into the bottom of the springform pan, and spread evenly over the bottom of the parchment. The crumbs are pressed down into the bottom to make a firm crust. A flat surface, like the bottom of a flat measuring cup or drinking glass work very well.
Crust is baked in preheated oven for 8 to 10 minutes. The edges will be lightly browned.
Springform pan is removed from the oven and, placed on a wire rack to cool.
Once cool, the outside of the springform pan is wrapped in one or two layers of heavy duty aluminum foil.
Softened cream cheese is added to a stand mixer bowl and beaten on medium speed with the paddle attachment for 4 minutes. The bowl and paddle should be scraped down.
Granulated sugar is added to the cream cheese and beaten on medium speed for 4 minutes. The bowl and paddle should be scraped down.
Fresh strawberry purée is added to the cream cheese mixture and beaten on low speed for about 1 minute to incorporate.
Heavy cream and vanilla bean paste are added to the cream cheese mixture and beaten on low speed for about 30 seconds to incorporate.
Eggs are added to the cheesecake batter, one at a time and beaten on low speed for 1 minute after each addition.
Cheesecake batter is transferred to the prepared almond crust and spread evenly across the bottom of the crust with an offset spatula.
The springform pan is placed in a large roasting pan, and enough hot water is added to the pan to come up the sides 1-inch.
The cheesecake is baked for 60 to 70 minutes. The oven is turned off and the cheesecake is left in to continue baking while the oven cools down. The springform pan is removed from the roasting pan and placed on a wire rack to cool to room temperature.
The springform pan is covered loosely with foil and refrigerated for a minimum of 4 hours, preferably overnight.
When the glaze is prepared, the cheesecake should be removed from the refrigerator, the side of the pan carefully removed.
1/4 cup fresh strawberry puree is added to a small mixing bowl. Powdered gelatin is sprinkled over the puree and stirred to combine.
1/2 cup fresh strawberry puree is added to a small saucepan and heated over medium heat until simmering, about 2 minutes.
The simmering puree is poured into the small mixing bowl with the gelatin mixture and stirred until combined and smooth. 1/2 cup remaining fresh strawberry puree is stirred in.
Slightly warm strawberry glaze is poured over the chilled cheesecake and spread to the outer edges with an offset spatula.
Glazed cheesecake is chilled for 4 hours, uncovered.
Strawberry Whipped Cream:
Heavy cream is added to a stand mixer bowl. Using the whip attachment, the cream is beaten on high speed to stiff peaks.
Powdered sugar is added to the whipped cream in the stand mixer and beaten on medium speed until incorporated, about 30 seconds.
The stand mixer bowl is removed from the stand mixer, and the diced fresh strawberries are folded in with a spatula. The strawberry whipped cream is chilled until ready to use.
Individual slices of strawberry cheesecake are served with strawberry whipped cream.
Other Cheesecake Recipes You Might Enjoy
Some of our most popular cheesecake recipes include vanilla bean cheesecake, dark chocolate cheesecake, caramel apple cheesecake, mocha cheesecake, and raspberry chocolate cheesecake.
Find Tartistry on: Pinterest Instagram and Facebook. Please feel free to leave comments and questions below. I would love to hear from you.
- 1 (9-inch) springform pan
- 1 large roasting pan
- 100 grams graham cracker crumbs (1 cup)
- 100 grams ground almonds or almond flour (1 cup)
- 12 grams granulated sugar (1 tablespoon)
- 42 grams unsalted butter (3 tablespoons), melted
- 672 grams full fat cream cheese (Three 8-ounces each packages), softened
- 200 grams granulated sugar (1 cup), blended fine
- 240 grams fresh strawberry purée (1 cup), room temperature
- 120 grams heavy cream (1/2 cup), room temperature
- 6 grams vanilla bean paste (1-1/2 teaspoons)
- 150 grams egg (3 large), room temperature
- 300 grams fresh strawberry purée (1-1/4 cups), room temperature
- 2 teaspoons granulated gelatin
Strawberry Whipped Cream:
- 120 grams heavy cream (1/2 cup)
- 15 grams powdered sugar (2 tablespoons)
- 1/4 cup finely diced fresh strawberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9-inch springform pan with a parchment paper round.
- Add graham cracker crumbs, ground almonds, granulated sugar and melted butter to small mixing bowl. Stir to combine.
- Transfer crumb mixture to prepared springform pan. Press evenly across bottom.
- Bake crust for 10 minutes. Remove springform pan from oven and place on wire rack to cool. Cool crust completely before filling.
- Wrap outside of springform pan in one or two layers of heavy duty aluminum foil.
Strawberry Cheesecake Filling:
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Add the softened cream cheese to stand mixer bowl. Using paddle attachment, beat on medium speed until smooth, about 4 minutes. Scrape down bowl.
- Add granulated sugar to stand mixer bowl. Beat on medium speed until smooth, about 4 minutes. Scrape down bowl.
- Add fresh strawberry purée to stand mixer bowl. Beat on low speed until fully incorporated, about 1 minute. Scrape down bowl, if necessary.
- Add heavy cream and vanilla bean paste to stand mixer and beat on low speed until fully incorporated, about 30 seconds. Scrape down bowl, if necessary.
- Add eggs one at a time and beat 1 minute after each addition.
- Pour the cheesecake batter over cooled almond crust.
- Place the springform pan into the roasting pan. Place roasting pan on middle rack of preheated oven.
- Add enough water to the roasting pan to go about 1-inch up the side of the foil wrapped springform pan.
- Bake the cheesecake for 60 to 70 minutes in preheated oven. Turn off the oven, do not open the door and let the cheesecake continue to bake while the oven cools, about 45 minutes. Remove the springform pan from the roaster and place on wire rack. Remove foil and cool cheesecake to room temperature.
- Leave the cheesecake in the springform pan, cover top loosely with foil and refrigerate several hours, preferably overnight.
- When ready to glaze, unhinge springform pan and lift away side.
- Cheesecake should be removed from refrigerator just prior to glazing.
- Add 1/4 cup fresh strawberry purée to small mixing bowl. Sprinkle gelatin over top and stir to combine.
- Add 1/2 cup strawberry purée to small saucepan and heat over medium until simmering, about 2 minutes. 1/2 cup remaining fresh strawberry purée is stirred in.
- Pour hot puree into gelatin mixture. Stir until mixture is smooth. Add the remaining 1/2 cup strawberry puree to the gelatin mixture and stir until smooth.
- Pour the glaze over the top of the cheesecake (in the center), and spread to the outer edges with a small offset spatula. Return to the refrigerator, uncovered, and chill 4 to 6 hours.
Strawberry Whipped Cream:
- Add heavy cream to stand mixer bowl. Using the whip attachment, beat on high speed to stiff peaks.
- Add the powdered sugar the the stand mixer and beat on medium speed until incorporated, about 30 seconds.
- Remove the bowl from the stand mixer and fold in the diced fresh strawberries.
- Chill until ready to use.
- Serve individual slices cold or slightly chilled with strawberry whipped cream.