Decadent double chocolate brownies that melt in your mouth. A luscious caramel layer with salty roasted peanuts. A dark chocolate finish.
These roasted peanut caramel chocolate dessert bars are fairly easy to make and well worth the effort. A moist, rich chocolate brownie base is topped with a layer of caramel and roasted peanuts. A thick layer of dark chocolate goes over the caramel layer. Once chilled, they are sliced into the bar size of your choice. A small bar goes a long way.
I’m a huge fan of multilayered dessert bars. It’s fun to play with different textures and flavors and create a bar that everyone loves. Anytime a bar starts and ends with chocolate is a good thing.
This bar starts with one of my favorite double chocolate brownie recipes. A combination of dark chocolate, cocoa powder and brown sugar. It’s very rich, moist, and cake like. Delicious on its own, and firm enough to hold up to the caramel layer spread over it.
Butter, brown sugar, and dark corn syrup are combined to make a thick caramel sauce. Roasted peanuts are added to the hot mixture and spread over the cooled brownie base.
A layer of dark chocolate covers the caramel to complete this dessert bar/candy bar.
Refrigerated until ready to serve, the entire bar lifts out of the pan for easy slicing.
Find Tartistry on: Pinterest Instagram and Facebook. Please feel free to leave comments and questions below. I would love to hear from you.
Chocolate Dessert Bars with Caramel and Roasted Peanuts
Double Chocolate Brownie:
- 100 grams dark chocolate chunks OR semisweet chocolate chips, chopped (1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons)
- 115 grams unsalted butter (1 stick OR 1/2 cup), cold + cubed
- 200 grams light brown sugar (1 cup)
- 100 grams egg (2 large)
- 100 grams all-purpose flour (3/4 cup)
- 7 grams unsweetened cocoa powder (1 tablespoon)
- 113 grams unsalted butter (1 stick OR 1/2 cup), chopped
- 133 grams light brown sugar (2/3 cup)
- 115 grams dark corn syrup (1/2 cup)
- 160 grams heavy cream (2/3 cup)
- 140 grams salted roasted peanuts (1 cup)
- 215 grams semisweet chocolate chips OR dark chocolate chunks, chopped (1-1/4 cups)
- 10 grams vegetable oil (2 teaspoons)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line the bottom and two opposite sides of an 8 x 8-inch baking pan with parchment paper.
Double Chocolate Brownie:
- Add the dark chocolate and unsalted butter to a small saucepan. Heat over medium low heat. Stir frequently until the chocolate has melted and the butter and chocolate have combined. Remove from the heat. Set aside.
- Add the light brown sugar, egg, all-purpose flour, and cocoa powder to a medium mixing bowl. Stir to combine. Stir in the chocolate mixture.
- Pour the brownie mix into the prepared baking pan. Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool brownies in baking pan on wire rack.
- Add unsalted butter, light brown sugar, and dark corn syrup to small saucepan. Heat over medium heat. Bring to a boil and cook, stirring frequently for 8 to 10 minutes. Stir in the heavy cream. Stir in the roasted peanuts. Pour the caramel mixture over the brownies.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and cool on wire rack to room temperature. Cover with foil or plastic wrap, and refrigerate several hours or overnight.
- Add the dark chocolate and vegetable oil to a small saucepan. Heat over low heat while constantly stirring. Remove from heat when chocolate has melted and mixture is smooth.
- Pour chocolate mixture over cold caramel layer and smooth with offset spatula.
- Refrigerate until chocolate is firm. Slice into finger size bars.